Autumn is calling for… Pumpkin Soup! Get the new recipe here!
For me the autumn always calls for candlelight, hygge and a nice warm homemade soup….
So what’s better than a healthy heart-warming pumpkin soup?
Try this seasonal pumpkin soup with a twist of apple and ginger! Of course vegan, gluten and lactose free!
The apple makes it fresh and fruity, the ginger gives it the right warmth and boost.
I made it with apples from my garden – fresher and more local cannot be found 🙂
Also, the combination of ingredients gives you a real boost for your immune system!
Anti-Inflammatory from the Ginger root
Antioxidants and dietary fibers from the apples and pumpkin as well as vitamin C and potassium from the later!
The fresh chili tops up on vitamin C and Vitamin B 6.
Enjoy! – and stay warm, healthy and happy!
Pumpkin Soup with Apple and Ginger
(vegan, gluten and lactose free)
Ingredients, 4 Persons:
1.3 kg pumpkin (red kuri squash / Hokkaido)
1 clove garlic
½ fresh chili
20 g fresh ginger
1-2 apple (for cooking, for example Belle de Boskoop)
1.5 l vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
60 ml coconut milk (+ extra for serving)
- Peel, deseed and chop the pumpkin roughly, peel and chop onion and garlic.
- Peel and grate ginger finely. Remove seeds from the chili and chop finely.
- Peel and chop the apple(s) roughly.
- Place onion, garlic, ginger and chili in a large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add pumpkin and vegetable stock. Bring to boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add apple and let simmer for an extra 5 minutes.
- Blitz in a food processor or with a hand blender.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Here you can choose to add coconut milk directly or if you want people to add coconut milk as an option when served.
- Decorate with dry-roasted pumpkin seeds and serve.
Bon Appetit !